Augment supports 2D and 3D models.
3D formats supported
- Collada 1.4+ : .zip file including a .dae file + textures or a .zae file alone
- Wavefront : .zip file including a .obj file + .mtl fil (materials) + textures
- STL : .stl file (please not that .stl files do not have textures and materials; your 3D model will appear completely black)
Other export formats according to 3D modeling software
- Sketchup & 3D Warehous- KMZ
- Solidworks - IGS (include materials) & Step
- Revit - DXF
- AutoCAD - 3DS & DXF
- KeyShot - 3DS
- Photo Scene Editor - PLY (colour) & STL (no colour)
- Catia - Catia plugin to export in Collada 1.4 (.dae) & DXF
- VTK - PLY
2D formats supported
- 2D is for flat models that represent images like posters or paintings.
- Images can be uploaded in .jpg (or jpeg), .bmp, .png, .tga, or .gif formats.
- The files containing 2D images do not need to be zipped before manual upload.