What is the Augment button?
The Augment button (see example above) allows users to launch and view your 3D model in augmented reality from your website. You can embed a button on any website where you can add HTML, from eCommerce sites to blog posts.
*Your 3D model must be a public model for the Augment button and social media sharing options to appear in the Augment Manager.
When someone clicks the button, the following occurs:
- On a Mobile Device
When someone clicks the button on your website from their mobile device, the Augment app opens for them to visualize your model in augmented reality. If the person doesn’t have the app yet, they will first be prompted to install it so they can launch the model.
- On a Computer
If the person is on a computer, clicking the button launches a unique page (“Sharing Page”) with an image of your model. Here, the person can text a link to their mobile device or scan a temporary QR code with the Augment app to reveal the model in augmented reality.
How to add an Augment button to your website:
- Log into the Augment Manager
- Click “My Models,” then “All Models”.
- You can see all the models you have added to your Augment account.
- Click the thumbnail image of the 3D model you want to launch from your website.
- From the “Sharing Page,” customize the button to your liking with the available options.
- Copy and paste the code into the HTML of your website, wherever you would like the button to appear.