What is the Augment button?
The Augment button (see example above) allows users to visualize your 3D model in a 3D View on a browser as well as launch and view your 3D model in augmented reality from your website. You can embed a button on any website where you can add HTML, from eCommerce sites to blog posts.
When someone clicks the button, the following occurs:
- On a Mobile Device
When someone clicks the button on your website from their mobile device, they will reach the Sharing page with the 3D Viewer. If they click on "View in your space" button, the Augment app opens for them to visualize your model in augmented reality. If the person doesn’t have the app yet, they will first be prompted to install it so they can launch the model.
- On a Computer
If the person is on a computer, clicking the button launches a unique page (“Sharing Page”) with a 3D View of your model. Here, the person can scan a QR code with the Augment app or any other QR-Code reader to reveal the model in augmented reality.
How to add an Augment button to your website:
- Log into the Augment Manager
- Click “My Models,” then “All Models”.
- You can see all the models you have added to your Augment account.
- Click the thumbnail image of the 3D model you want to launch from your website.
- From the “Sharing Page,” click on "copy link" button.
- Paste the link into the button of your website.