Recommendations for Materials:
- Reflection: Avoid reflection on maximum level, prefer 99% or less. In Augment the 100% reflection has been set as an equivalent to 10% because on lots of 3D softwares, by default the model is exported with maximum reflection and users get 100% metallic models without understanding why.
- Glossiness: Adding glossiness can create light artifacts on the model if the mesh is low, the elements with high glossiness need a mesh more dense. It also tends to bring to the eye stretched mesh by creating specular artifacts, the mesh needs to be wisely checked.
- Specular: Specular level and color are merged in Augment, as in some 3D softwares. Depending on the 3D software used the behaving may be tested to avoid a divergence in the final appearance.
- Ambient: Please note that ambient is not available for now in Augment.
- Lighting: Augment uses one dynamic light only. The light position is from the top.
Tips for exporting materials:
- Supported export formats don’t export materials that are native from a specific software, plugin, or renderer. Due to this export limitations of the 3D softwares, and to the variety of 3D softwares that can be used to produce models, only standard materials work in Augment.
- To prevent from losing materials and the linked textures, please check that all the materials used on your models are only standard materials.
- It is also highly recommended to carefully check the different materials behaving after export, as the interpretation of the materials settings varies a lot depending on the 3D software used. Some adjustments may be necessary.